Who I Am
Arathi R. Rao, Ph.D., MSW, MA, MS
Dr. Arathi Rao is a clinical psychologist practicing in Newtown, Pa. and is on staff at St. Mary Medical Center. Her areas of specialty are wellness, stress management, health and cardiac psychology. Besides maintaining a successful clinical practice, she has provided consultative services to businesses both large and small, and conducted stress management workshops in the US and overseas. She also does Executive, Health & Life Coaching.
Dr. Rao has been featured in the WHYY TV 12 “Heart Moments” video on “Stress and your Heart”, and Channel 6-ABC News Special on Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. She was also a guest speaker on WWDB Radio talk show, “The Medical View-East Meets West”, WURD Philadelphia talk radio on Stress, Depression and Heart Disease, and on numerous other radio shows across the country. Her work with heart patients in empowering them to transform and heal their lives and learn to become more resilient, has been featured in local newspaper articles.
Dr. Rao has been a Keynote Speaker at several events sponsored by various organizations in the Delaware valley and elsewhere. She is a volunteer spokesperson for the Cardiovascular Institute of Philadelphia (CVI), and her goal is to teach people with heart disease and or other conditions to lead as fulfilling lives as possible.
Professional Activities – A Partial List
- Co-Author with Jack Canfield, Donald Trump, and others, of Amazon Best Selling Book: How the Fierce Handle Fear: Secrets to Succeeding in Challenging Times.
- Featured in WHYY TV 12/CVI Sponsored Public Service Announcement: “Heart Moments” on “Stress and your Heart”
- Interviewed on TV Channel 6-ABC News Special on Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM)
- Guest speaker at WURD Philadelphia talk radio on Stress, Depression and Heart Disease
- Volunteer Spokesperson for the Cardiovascular Institute of Philadelphia (CVI)
- Guest speaker and panelist at Southeast Asian Conference (Konkani Sammelan) in Dallas TX. On Type-A Behavior and Heart Disease
- Guest Speaker at the Annual Health Ministry Programs for Women, sponsored by Keystone Mercy and Eli Lilly (Topic: Cardiac Wellness) for the past several years
- Presented several CME programs for area Physicians on: Psychosocial Factors and Cardiovascular Disease at Drexel School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, and St. Mary Medical Center, Langhorne, PA
- Presented several workshops for cardiac patients at Cardiac Rehab, St. Mary Medical Center, Langhorne, Pa
- Keynote speaker (Topic: Stress Management) at the Valley Forge Personnel Assoc. Annual Meeting
- Guest Speaker at the Pennsylvania Dietetic Association’s Annual Convention (Topic: Stress Management)
- Guest speaker at American Heart Association’s “Go Red for Women” program
- Keynote speaker (Topic: Stress Management) at the Bucks County Management Council Meeting